Tuesday, July 9, 2019

401(k) Versus a Farm

In the years since the financial crisis, I've become very skeptical of financial "wealth", not just in terms of the ability to "store value", which is a ridiculous concept anyway, but more importantly, participation in the financial system really supports some of the worst people on planet earth, and perpetuates an antinomian devouring machine.

That poked and prodded me toward building a farm and becoming focused on value and exchange of value, versus the lies of "price" and money. All the money in the United States is derived from debt, and is really backed by the productivity of its people. It comes from an entirely parasitic usurious system. Money is dead. Banks are vampires. They have no material life or existence, they're blood suckers.

In spite of that belief, I still have a 401(k) and contribute to it two times a month. It's hard to turn down the "match", which in my case, is just other paper conjured into existence by the business I work for. Theoretically that money is backed by "equity" in the corporation, but that's just another pile of dreams and schemes. It's slightly more real than dollars, but is much less real than a pile of dirt, or fertile soil.

It's a good exercise to think about a moral choice versus a pragmatic or "economic" choice to obtain more "000's" in a computer account somewhere.

It's an easier choice to make when you believe all that paper wealth is probably going to be robbed to feed the vampires sometime in the next decade(s).

Any "dollar" I plow into the farm actually gets captured in something tangible. Any "dollar" or "stock dollar" I plow into my 401(k) goes into a computer and is a captive to a system that's opposed to the interests of me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment